Okay, so I'm just figuring out this blogging thing. I guess it's the thing to do in 2008. I'm not on MySpace or FaceBook, so I suppose I should jump on the blogging bandwagon! And what a great time too...we have a new little boy named Benjamin Steven! Ben was born on March 1st at 10:01 am. A big boy - 8 lbs. 8 oz and 21.5 inches long! Here's a little recap of the events...
My water broke at home at 9:45pm on 02/29. I called the BabyLine and they said to take our time, but definitely go to the hospital. So Josh and I both showered and finished packing our bags and then headed up to Burnsville. We arrived at the hospital ay 11:45pm, just as contractions were starting. I had an epidural by 1:00am and was feeling great. Josh and I even got some sleep! I was fully dilated at 7:45am and started pushing. After a long 2+ hours, Benjamin was born - sunny-side up! He was making things difficult already! But what a joy...Josh and I fell in love with him instantly. And you know what they say about forgetting about the pains of labor...well, I haven't forgotten yet, but hopefully will soon!
We came home from the hospital on March 3rd, and of course Mama May and Papa Ron were here and had lots of good food ready for us! They stayed until Wednesday and then Grandma Margie and Grandpa Steve came from Friday-Sunday. So we had lots of help that first week, which was so wonderful.
Life has truly been a blur from then to now, but I'm trying to absorb everything and it's just so rewarding watching Ben grow and change every day. We feel so blessed to have such a great little man in our lives!
Here are some pictures of those first few days. Now the trick will be keeping up with this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment